Saturday, August 28, 2010

Introducing...ME!

Happy Saturday!

Wanted to share what I made for the latest altered art creative team challenge on More Paper Than Shoes (MPTS). Each team member had to create a piece that best represents our style and personality. Well, if you've been following my blog for any amount of time you know that I have quite the eclectic tastes; a little bit shabby, a little bit chic, vintage mixed with the new, so it was really challenging for me to pick a style. I decided to make something for ME, which is long overdue...something I could hang in my craft room. And to let people see aspects of my personality that they don't normally see...


Bet you didn't know that I love to travel and Asia is one my absolute favorite places!! Believe it or not, my degree is actually in East Asian Languages and Cultures! So, I included lots of memorabilia that I picked up from my travels. I love all things cute and sweet, so I made the Japanese paperdoll from a framed art piece.


A page from a Japanese travel guide is tucked inside a sheer envelope from my Japanese stationary collection, and it is layered over a Chinese postcard and a Korean bill. I layered these over a vintage-feel sheet music because I grew up playing classical music. I included this postcard because babies are my favorite subjects to scrapbook. The board is topped off by a set of pretty red chopsticks. The board is protected by an acrylic seal. This was so much fun you just might be seeing more Asian-inspired crafts from me!

1 comment:

Chantal said...

Kimberly...This creation is AMAZING!!!...I love the description and the story behind it!!! I used to travel alot...but never been to Asia...Fascinating and beautitful culture!