Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dear Daughter, Please Stay on Task!

I don't know about your little one,
but when mine is supposed to be getting ready for school in the morning,
I just might walk in her room and find her lying on her bed reading!

Since she is so easily distracted I decided to hang an
old chalkboard in her room where we could write a to-do list.
Last year this helped tremendously!!

This year, I came across a cute little digital stamp by Digi Stamp Characters which reminded me of my little Blueberry Sprite, so I decided to update the board. It was also perfect timing for a "Back to School" challenge on the MPTS forum. Here's how she turned out! Hope you like her.



Love how the Bazzill Swiss Dot Cardstock gave the perfect "texture" for her hair! The ID tag was attached to a box of chipboard letters I bought a few years ago (that's why I never throw anything away; I never know when I might need it!). I've been trying my hand at handmade flowers; these seemed perfect for this project.


And my dear daughter requested the sequined butterfly; it matches the lampshade in her room. I got the mini clipboard as a freebie a while back.


Thanks for taking a peek!







1 comment:

Heather Kidd said...

so cute! my favorite part...the little clipboard!