Friday, January 13, 2012

2012, the Road Ahead


Welcome 2012!!!  

My family and I closed out last year with a 2-week trip to my folks' place in St. Louis...after it took us nearly 3 days to drive back, hubby has declared no more winter road trips to my hometown!  

During the many hours on the road, I had lots of time to reflect on my creative business, what I've accomplished and where I want to go this year.  I'm not one for New Year's resolutions, but I believe wholeheartedly in 
setting goals, personal and business, with a DATE attached, don't you?

SO I want to share mine with you!  It will help keep me accountable and might inspire you as well ;)

This year, I am going to:
  • Make better use of free business coaching resources (Ongoing). I started by attending Laura Roeder's Facebook Divide Webinar yesterday.  If you want some usable tips on untangling your business from your personal page, check it out here!
  • Design a newsletter, develop a subscription list and decide the content and how often it will go out  (Jan 30).
  • Overhaul my blog--I have changed the content a few times and need to decide on the exact direction I want it to go!  (Feb 29).
  • Work on my branding, to include a possible name change, new logo and shop banner (Mar 31).
  • Organize my craft room/studio--I need to carve out time to focus on getting this room set up so that I can be productive--tough because we moved last year and my space is much smaller, AND I'm still digging things out of boxes (May 31).
  • Launch my own website! (Oct 30).
  • Increase my sales by 50% -- I am launching a new, higher priced product line which is more cost- and time-effective to help achieve this.
  • Do 4 quality craft shows (Dec 18).

I would love to read what YOU want to accomplish this year and what steps you'll take to get there, so feel free to share ;)

No comments: