Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Cinnamon and Spice Handcrafted Treasures

As a kid I don't think I really considered myself crafty, but as I was surfing Etsy.com the other day I came across daisysanddot's fabulous creations. The cakes immediately took me back to about 2nd grade or so when I began making paper birthday cakes adorned with tissue paper flowers for my family members (sorry no photos!). So, I guess the creative side has been there all along, just waiting to be nurtured!

I guess it's no surprise that scrapbooking and paper crafts have been my passion for several years. I still remember the first scrapbook I ever made for a coll
ege roommate's graduation present. And then there was the cute little one I made for my husband-to-be on our first Christmas together. I locked myself in the guest bedroom for days working on it. The album chronicled our relationship from the very beginning up to the proposal. I laugh at how the pages of the album are buckling because I didn't know not to use the glue stick as an adhesive, but my husband still appreciates the sentiment and history behind it.

About a year ago, I left my 15 year career as a government research analyst to stay home with my favorite itty bitty ones in the world, my two children. The transition paved the way for the creation of Cinnamon & Spice Crafts. For the past few months I have been enouraging my crafting cohort, the "Spice" in Cinnamon & Spice, to sell the sweetest little hand crotcheted "Pillow Kids" I've ever seen. She's made three for my kids and everyone I've shown them to has wanted to know how they can purchase one.



Once she saw my scrapbooks, she gave me that little "push" I've been needing to start designing premade scrapbooks for the enjoyment of others. While I enjoy doing the 12" x 12" inch layouts, I have developed a passion for "mini's". I like the flexibility that albums 8" x 8" and smaller offer, especially for capturing special occasions or events. It only made sense for us to partner in this venture (two is better than one right?), so we opened up cinnamonspice on Etsy.com earlier this year. We were so excited to find this site that spotlights so many incredibly talented artists.

In our shop you will find an eclectic mix of handmade gifts, suitable for almost any occasion. Our "Pillow Kids", premade mini scrapbooks and altered art make unique and thoughtful birthday, wedding, baby shower or anniversary gifts. Friday, February 29th , kicks off our Easter/Spring Promotion and will include our new line of "Salt Dough Creations". We’ll be posting sneek peek pics all this week of the items that will be available. As part of the promotion, we are offering free shipping if you purchase two or more items. A portion of proceeds will be donated to the Angelwish Foundation.

No comments: