Saturday, May 15, 2010

Back to Work

So the Gifts Galore and So Much More Shopping Event

which benefitted the Cumberland County's Special Olympics is over,

as well as my last-minute move.

That means more time to

pHoToGrApH and add oodles of NeW ItEmS to the shop!

And, to get back to my EtsyMom and NCTriangle Team Features on Mondays and Thursdays...

know y'all have been missing them.

As with every fair/event I do, I've got to share what I took away. I met some awesome vendors at this event, like Jeanna Goodpasture,
the cutest little pet boutique!





Mostly, I worked on improving my display in preparation for some bigger shows later in the year. To see how far I've come, you gotta see how it all began...


Oh those earlier days! Guess ya' Gotta start somewhere.

Military Spouse Appreciation Day, May 2008.


And the transformation...still learning what works and what doesn't, but I am tickled pink with my latest display!


First, I had a heck of a lot more product to offer. Next, I lightened up the colors to make the table more inviting. I also got innovative with some of Vistaprint's free offerings (with paid shipping),


like the price list is actually a lawn sign...lol! Price lists will shave mounds of time off your prep work, no tagging every item.


That cute litle birdy header is from an invitation I designed some time ago.


Working on achieving a uniform look, but until then,

this sweet little banner from VP will do just fine!


In keeping with creating a consistent look, I stopped using whatever random hodge podge of containers I found around the house

and got the mini trunks at Hobby Lobby for 50% off, to display my items.

So sweet!

For giveaways, I designed my own business card magnets and coordinating promotional postcards.

Have you visited Moo yet? Keep your eyes open for their special promotions; last month was 25 free cards with your initial purchase.

I used examples of my work for the cards. You can pay an additional fee to have the watermark on the cards removed. The card quality is excellent!
Do you have any tips on improving booth display?
We'd love to read them.


Until next time, xoxo!

1 comment:

Sara Bousman said...

It looks great!! That's what I like about doing craft shows, each one is a learning experience and you always go home with a new idea for your displays for your next show. :)