Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spotlight on the Chenille Chef

This post is long overdue! For Valentine's Day, I bought my kids some chenille playfood and I just have to give props to the creator, the Chenille Chef, an Etsy artist. Aren't these ice cream cones just dreamy? I stumbled across her website (http://www.chenillechef.etsy.com/)
after opening our shop and just knew my children would have a lot of fun with her play food sets. I queried Kathy to find out her source of inspiration for this lovely work. Here's what she had to say. "Lets see, my inspiration... I started out making tea sets and birthday cakes several years ago...but I have 3 Grandsons! I needed to make Playfood sets that both boys and girls could use! Now my customers will request/suggest foods they would like. One customer even gave me my name, in one of her thank you note she said I was a great CHENILLE CHEF!, and it became my new name. Another very loyal customer told me about ETSY and I have been very gratefull. I recommend Etsy to eveyone!" Thanks Kathy for making this year's Valentine's really special!

No comments: