Friday, May 22, 2009

Cuttin' Up with Cricut..My 24-hr Word Book


Some of you might remember, about a year ago Hubby got me a Cricut Expressions machine. Thought it would be great for churning out greeting cards and scrapbooking embellies...well, I have been slow to realize it's full potential until a couple of nights ago. I had two days to make a "BABY" Book for my sisterfriend. Typically I use the precut ones from Bo Bunny which are great, but I've seen some pretty creative ones while bloghopping and really wanted to have the ability to do it. And for anyone who's used the precut books, you know how time-consuming it can be to cut the paper for both sides of each letter, trim, sand edges, etc. So, in a panic, I decided to give cutting my own book a whirl...and wound up creating this in just over a day. I followed the detailed tutorial found on this fab blog, "Invincible Summer" . She graciously walks you through creating your own Word Book with Cricut Design Studio Software, which is about $90. Being thrifty, for now I'm just the free trial version of the software which allows you to cut with the cartridges that came with your machine. Ain't no stoppin' me now...I'm on the move!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Good job! That turned out gorgeous! Lovin' my Cricut too!