Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Creativity

Hello there! This is Spice. I'm sitting here working on projects and began to reflect on the creative synergy Cinnamon and I experienced this week. We both came up with fresh new ideas for new projects practically out of nowhere, in the wee hours of the morning. Despite the fact that I'm in Chicago and she's in North Carolina, we just can't put a lid on our creativity these days. It's funny how once you embrace your creative side your senses become sharpened. It's like a chain reaction. Everything you come into contact with every place you go, every experience inspires you. For example, just yesterday, as I rode the subway to get additional supplies, I noticed the contrast of color in a red headed young woman's hair and her purple hoodie. I thought, boy, there is something really distinctive about those colors together. I later envisioned a read headed pillow kid with a lilac outfit. Another example, is a month ago I was blessed with a week of the Carribbean experience. The coral and yellow, limegreen, and pink hues of the architecture there; the beige wet sand, the icey blue color of the crisp clear waters, topped with white seafoam.....Ahhh! Experiencing these things gave me a fresh perspective which led to new and improved projects. These are just a few examples of the many sights and experiences that really enable one to tap into the creativity that we've been blessed us with. If you'd like to share what inspires you, please send comments. Until then, have a great day!

1 comment:

ME said...

I love It. I may have to try it. Love reading your blog very useful. Thanks