Saturday, May 17, 2008

Trying to Catch Our Breath!


So, you might be wondering what happened to our "On the road to our first craft show series", well since that first article we have participated in three local events back to back! As it turns out, at last weekend's expo we were invited by Picerne Military Housing to participate in the 3rd annual Military Spouse Appreciation Day.





Above are some of the items we created for the show...
The Picerne staff pampered the wives with free manicures, massages, a smorgasbord of tasty food and vendors selling a variety of items from candles to beautifully painted belly casts. Childcare was provided to really let the ladies enjoy their "me" time. A wonderful hula performance closed the afternoon out. The performers were so graceful and beautiful I think I'm going to sign my daughter up for lessons!

We teamed up once more with Mommymafia Designs who's fabulous tutu's and digital camo purses were a hit! We look forward to doing many more shows with her. We're still learning so much, this show we had a fun contest: "guess how many peanuts are in the elephant shaped jar". The winner will receive a custom mini scrapbook. Previously we had a sign-in sheet and drew a name for a guest to receive a hand-made greeting card. Set-up for the show is getting quicker as we study our pictures and figure out what works best. I'm also excited because I met a Stampin' up representative and I'm going to my first stamping class tomorrow!
And last but not least, we sold our first altered Bo Bunny Family Word Album among other items. I had just finished it the morning of the event, so I didn't even had time to take pictures of it before someone bought it! So, here's one the Scrapbook.com Bo Bunny team put together to give you an idea My Family Word Album. Next, I think we're heading to Raleigh to do a weekend flea market ...stay tuned...

No comments: