Thursday, February 11, 2010

Easy Peasy Valentine Card/Mini Album from Cardstock Scraps!

First off, let me apologize for these less than stellar pics...I've been experimenting with the settings on my camera and somehow changed something and can't figure out what! Anyhoo, I fell in LoVe with this eco-friendly Kenner Road tutorial , which uses cardstock scraps to create a quick mini album, and you will too!
I adored it so much that I adapted it for Valentine's cards this year. All you need to do is cut your cardstock cover to the size that you desire...My card books are 6 x 6 and 5 x 8 inches.
Then gather your cardstock scraps, cut them into rectangles (different sizes work well!) and fold them in half. Stitch the spine of your book to hold it all together and it's ready for you to add pictures, journaling and embellishments!
Gabrielle Pollaco's beautiful blog, Such a Pretty Mess, inspired this flowered heart. I found this scrapbooking goddess on my beloved 2 Peas in a Bucket Gallery. To make the heart, I hot glued prima paper flowers to a heart I cut from pink adhesive-backed felt.
The different-size pages make the layout fun!
For this cover I tore strips of paper and cardstock and stitched them to the front.
I love tall, skinny cards!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: