Saturday, February 20, 2010

Handmade Baby Shower: Part 1

It's A Boy!!!!!

One of my closest girls in Maryland is having a baby, so I have the pleasure
of helping plan her shower!


So you know that means it's gonna be a HaNdMaDe affair...
over the next couple of weeks


I'll be showing you what I'm working on and how it all comes together...
hopefully you'll enjoy the ride!


In lieu of a traditional guestbook, we plan to let the guests
decorate mini "birthday" cards for the baby


and give them to mommy-to-be. I loved this idea so much I thought
it would be nice to have a place for mama to
store the cards and a few pics.



So, when I saw this Maya Road chipboard binder


I thought it would be perfect! Here's a work-in-progress pic: I'm covering the pages with Bazzill


cardstock in colors to match her "King of the Jungle" theme and sanding the edges with my


Basic Grey precision file set (no scrapbooker should be without these!)


Lovin' the envelopes for her to tuck the cards into. Next, I'll be finishing the book,


making about 30 mini cardstock cards and a pennant banner. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: