Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Handmade Baby Shower Part 2: Pennant Banner

You know what I absolutely love about handmade? You can customize whatever you make to match any theme/colors etc.,
so when the more than eager mommy-to-be picked out her own invitations here, it was no problem to create decorations to match perfectly.
Here is a work-in-progress pic of the
"It's a Boy" pennant banner. My girl likes things with a modern flair, so I have to try and keep it simple and fresh!
I didn't feel like going out to look for polka dot paper,
so I made my own for the accordion fold flowers.
I punched 1-inch circles from different colored cardstock and adhered them to the white cardstock. To make the flowers, I followed the tutorial here.
Next, I think I'll be adding some animal friends to the solid pennants...will post more pics soon!

No comments: